Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Long time coming...

Former Secretary of Defense, Gen. Colin Powell files paperwork to get his negro card reinstated.

Powell -- who has yet to back a candidate -- told the audience: "I stand before you as an African-American. Many people have said to me you became secretary of state of the USA, is it still necessary to say that you are an African American or that you are black? And I say yes, so that we can remind our children."

"It took a lot of people struggling to bring me to this point in history," Powell told the audience. "I didn't just drop out of the sky. People came from my continent in chains."
-Source

I, like most black folks, got mixed feelings about the General but I always felt like one day he would come around. Time will tell what this leads to but this image reminds me of the scene in How High when the Dean gets a hold of the sticky and starts bustin' out to Parliament at some bourghie costume party.
This is like that but better!

As much as I hate to throw the 'election headquarters' at Fox News any ad revenue (even from my insignificant effort on this blog) I have to link the article, just cause they have the pictures, the info, and the most brazenly ignorant, amazing headline to this post that I couldn't even imagine.

Hip-Hop-Dancing Colin Powell Fuels Speculation He'll Endorse Obama

Colin Powell showed off his hip-hop moves at an 'Africa Rising' celebration in London Tuesday, fueling speculation that the former secretary of state is about to endorse Barack Obama for president...

...crimety.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

...that headline is ridiculous, but it's Fox News, so i can't really be surprised. i'm not surprised that CP is endorsing Obama though...i mean come on?? yeah, yeah, i know--i too have questioned him on many things. but he'd be a fool to support a mccain presidency.

Anonymous said...

and yes, the mayans might be right.

Ms. Shai said...

we only got four more years till its the end of the world. he mayans said so and this news confirms it.

Anonymous said...

end of humanity is getting closer and closer!